Wednesday, September 8, 2010

First Post

This blog will be one of the main areas of activity this year for Eng. 151. It is an interesting yet seemingly effective way to teach writing. Every student in the Eng. 151 class is required to create a blog and maintain it by posting on it regularly. The main focus of the class this year is apocalypse which is why you see the picture above. The reading that I am exposed to most often is either novels or news sources such as newspapers or magazines. Some of my favorite novels are detective stories, and my favorite author is John Grisham. Other than English class my senior year the extent of my recent writing is facebook wall posts or status updates. Some of my favorite writing assignments in High school were argumentative papers or persuasive papers. I feel like I'm really good at being persuasive, so when a topic strikes my interest and its a persuasive writing assignment, i can write for days. I also enjoyed research papers if it was over a topic that i was interested in. I am constantly exposed to the newest technology, whether its Blackberrys, I-pods, or computers. I love technology and i can play around with it all day. If there is ever a problem with someones electronic it seems like I'm always the person to come to if you want it fixed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment